Quick Homemade Bread Recipe
—Virginia Scott, Destin, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour
- Vegetable oil
- 1. Heat water and butter to 125°-130°. In a large bowl, combine with remaining ingredients except oil to form a stiff batter. Place in a greased bowl; oil top of dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- 2. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Divide dough into three portions. Shape into loaves and place in greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans; oil tops of loaves. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° until bread sounds hollow when tapped, about 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 80 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC