Quick Hollandaise Sauce
Perfect over asparagus, eggs or even meats, poultry and seafood, this basic Hollandaise Sauce from our Test Kitchen is a cinch to prepare.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a double boiler over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg
- yolks, water and lemon juice until mixture begins to thicken and
- coats the back of a metal spoon. Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle
- in melted butter, whisking constantly. Whisk in salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately. Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 139 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.