My mom shared this recipe. It requires almost no preparation and makes a delicious addition to just about any main course. Try it with beef bouillon instead of chicken bouillon it that's a better fit with your meal.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the bouillon, onion, thyme, marjoram and rosemary; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p33
Reviews for Quick Herbed Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2013
"I did not care for this at all. Yes, it was very quick and easy, but I felt that the combination of herbs made it taste like medicine."