My mom shared this recipe. It requires almost no preparation and makes a delicious addition to just about any main course. Try it with beef bouillon instead of chicken bouillon it that's a better fit with your meal.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the bouillon, onion, thyme, marjoram and rosemary; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p33
Reviews for Quick Herbed Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2013
"I did not care for this at all. Yes, it was very quick and easy, but I felt that the combination of herbs made it taste like medicine."