Quick Herbed Orange Roughy
A host of seasonings flavors these delightful orange roughy fillets. “They’re so good, I rarely prepare fish any other way,” Elaine Anderson relates from New Galilee, Pennsylvania.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Sprinkle over
- both sides of orange roughy. In a large nonstick skillet coated with
- cooking spray, cook fillets in butter over medium heat for 5
- minutes. Turn; stir in the wine or broth, soy sauce and onion. Cook
- 4-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 172 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.