A friend shared this recipe with me. It's great for brunch or a summer supper.
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup navel orange segments
- 3/4 cup sliced firm bananas
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Fold in oranges. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, fold in bananas and sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hawaiian Chicken Salad in Country June/July 2003, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review