Quick Hash Brown Potato Salad, Recipe
"I've used this recipe for 20 years, and it's still a family favorite," confides Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. "It stirs up and cooks in a jiffyand it tastes just as good as a German potato salad that you fussed all day to make."
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Place bacon in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Add onions to the drippings; cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes; cover and cook on high for 6-7 minutes, stirring several times. Add the vinegar, celery salt and bacon; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Potato Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p8
Reviews for Quick Hash Brown Potato Salad, (0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Potato Salad Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Salad Recipes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >