- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Add mushrooms; cook and stir over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the soup; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Serve over noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Quick Hamburger Stroganoff
Sort By :
I use cream of mushroom soap, the whole can, for a creamer dish.
I did not care for this at all. Too bland for me.
I use cream of mushroom soup and add nutmeg and paprika to dish. We've been eating this recipe for more than 40 years. Our grandson loves it!
i make this dish a lot, and sometimes substitute venison instead of beef.
i also add worschestershire sauce *sp?* and a bit of steak sauce.