Quick Hamburger Gravy Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups milk
- Baked potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over potatoes. Yield: 7 cups.
Reviews for Quick Hamburger Gravy(11)
Sort By :
A great, quick meal. My husband always talked about hamburger gravy, I had never had it before. Most recipes I have looked at use mushroom soup, my son and I don't like mushroom soup. I happened upon this and it was an instant hit. It is in my rotation now and always a hit with the family!
i think it is a good recipe for a busy night because most ingredients are on hand and its pretty inexpensive and tastes real good. i will make it again.
This taste just like we use to have in elementary school. It was always one of my favorites and still is especially with mashed potatoes. Great comfort food!
I used chicken bouillon because I was out of beef, but it was still a great tasting meal. Served it over mashed potatoes, like my mom used to!
Super easy and great flavor. It's great over biscuits.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >