"This delicious dip is extremely easy to make and always hits the spot when we have a craving for something to munch on," assures Linda Fox of Soldotna, Alaska. "For a quick recipe, it really has authentic guacamole taste."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup 4% small curd cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup hot picante sauce or salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- Tortilla chips or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, mash the avocado. Stir in cottage cheese and picante
- sauce. Add jalapeno if desired. Serve with chips or vegetables.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 38 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.