Quick Green Beans with Bacon
Bits of bacon and onion dress up the green beans in this easy-to-prepare side dish. These beans lend a crisp fresh flavor to any meal. They're best when served hot.
-Mari Anne Warren
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon
- is crisp and onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender; drain well. Add to bacon mixture. Sprinkle with salt
- and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.