Quick Grasshopper Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup plus 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 1. Combine 1-1/2 cups wafer crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and 2/3 cup cream; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in creme de cacao and creme de menthe. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into marshmallow mixture. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 428 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Quick Grasshopper Pie
"My husband and son loved this pie. It was very easy to make. I didn't change a thing. The mint flavor isn't overwhelming. The creme de cacao and creme de menthe are a perfect flavor combination in this pie. I just served it with a dollop of whipped cream."
"This is the same recipe my mom has been making for as long as I can remember. It's a family favorite, passed down from her mother. An excellent St.Patty's Day dessert as well."