Quick Grasshopper Pie Recipe
My family looks forward to this fluffy pie every Christmas. No one can resist the combination of refreshing mint and luscious chocolate. Plus, the six-ingredient recipe is a snap to prepare—and the pretty pastel green color is festive for the occasion.—Lindsey Dorn, New Glarus, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup plus 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 1. Combine 1-1/2 cups wafer crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and 2/3 cup cream; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in creme de cacao and creme de menthe. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into marshmallow mixture. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 428 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC