- 1-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup plus 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- Combine 1-1/2 cups wafer crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and 2/3 cup cream; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in creme de cacao and creme de menthe. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into marshmallow mixture. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grasshopper Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p54
Reviews for Quick Grasshopper Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2012
"This is the same recipe my mom has been making for as long as I can remember. It's a family favorite, passed down from her mother. An excellent St.Patty's Day dessert as well."