- 1-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup plus 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons clear creme de cacao
- 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- Combine 1-1/2 cups wafer crumbs and butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and 2/3 cup cream; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in creme de cacao and creme de menthe. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into marshmallow mixture. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forQuick Grasshopper Pie
"This is the same recipe my mom has been making for as long as I can remember. It's a family favorite, passed down from her mother. An excellent St.Patty's Day dessert as well."