Quick Golden Stew Recipe
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 medium onions, cut into chunks
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the carrots, potatoes, onions and just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add peas and ham; cover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain water. Stir in soup and cheese; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 323 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1654mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Quick Golden Stew
"I made this years ago when it first appeared in "Taste of Home". It has become a family favorite. I like to make it a day ahead so the flavors mellow. Then I heat it in the crockpot. I've put green beans instead of peas and its just as good."
"This is so good served with hunks of chewy French bread. I also slice three or four ribs of celery and cook with the other vegetables until tender."