- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 medium onions, cut into chunks
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the carrots, potatoes, onions and just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add peas and ham; cover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain water. Stir in soup and cheese; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Golden Stew
"I made this years ago when it first appeared in "Taste of Home". It has become a family favorite. I like to make it a day ahead so the flavors mellow. Then I heat it in the crockpot. I've put green beans instead of peas and its just as good."
"This is so good served with hunks of chewy French bread. I also slice three or four ribs of celery and cook with the other vegetables until tender."