This complete meal can be prepared in a hurry. Yet it has a rich goodness that tastes like you fussed.
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 medium onions, cut into chunks
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the carrots, potatoes, onions and just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add peas and ham; cover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain water. Stir in soup and cheese; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Golden Stew in Country Woman January/February 1991, p35
Reviews for Quick Golden Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review