- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 3 teaspoons snipped fresh dill, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, onion, carrot and potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, mustard, mustard seed, 2 teaspoons dill, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining dill. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Quick Golden Potato Salad
"This is very tasty - even my 18 mo old grandson loved it - however, I did use the "dark" balsamic vinegar and YES it is an ugly color - bummer...."
"Savory and good with Ham but found it quite spicy - especially after it was refrigerated overnight."
"Perfectly delicious recipe!"
"We really enjoyed this recipe! We had it alongside the honey glazed chicken kabobs from this issue and had a delicious meal. We will certainly make this again!"
"This salad is DELICIOUS! Even picky kids ate it. Had to sub "Klondike Rose" for Yukons and used "white balsamic" to keep the color fresh-looking. Thought it might be too zesty, but it has great flavor with a just enough zip!"