What’s a cookout without potato salad? Incomplete, we say. We think Linda’s version will become a summer staple. —Linda Behrman, North Merrick, New York
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 3 teaspoons snipped fresh dill, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, onion, carrot and potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, mustard, mustard seed, 2 teaspoons dill, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining dill. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Golden Potato Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p43
Reviews for Quick Golden Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review