Quick Ginger Pork
My husband and I are empty nesters. It was a challenge learning to cook for just two again, but recipes like this give us delicious scaled-down dinners.—Esther Johnson Danielson, Lawton, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil until no longer pink.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; add to
- skillet. Combine water and cornstarch until smooth; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with rice.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce; calculated without rice) equals 227 calories, 11 g fat (0 saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch,