"You can prepare this side dish quickly in your microwave," says field editor Vonna Wendt of Ephrata, Washington. "It has a festive holiday flavor."
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pierce squash several times with a knife or fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Cut into quarters; remove seeds and pulp.
- Return squash to plate, cut side down. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes.
- Turn over; microwave on high for 4-6 minutes longer or until soft. Scoop out squash and place in a bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger-Orange Squash in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p12
Reviews for Quick Ginger-Orange Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review