"This salad is one of my husband's favorites," writes Diane Wilson of Charlotte, North Carolina. "Just fill the pressure cooker, put the lid on, cook for a short time and a wonderful potato salad is done."
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 7 unpeeled medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a pressure cooker, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Add potatoes and onions. In a bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, 2 tablespoons of parsley, salt, mustard and pepper; pour over potatoes.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat.
- Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as German Potato Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p35
Reviews for Quick German Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review