Quick German Potato Salad Recipe
"This salad is one of my husband's favorites," writes Diane Wilson of Charlotte, North Carolina. "Just fill the pressure cooker, put the lid on, cook for a short time and a wonderful potato salad is done."
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 7 unpeeled medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a pressure cooker, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Add potatoes and onions. In a bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, 2 tablespoons of parsley, salt, mustard and pepper; pour over potatoes.
- 2. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat.
- 3. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 128 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Quick German Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC