"This salad is one of my husband's favorites," writes Diane Wilson of Charlotte, North Carolina. "Just fill the pressure cooker, put the lid on, cook for a short time and a wonderful potato salad is done."
Recommended: Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 7 unpeeled medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a pressure cooker, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Add potatoes and onions. In a bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, 2 tablespoons of parsley, salt, mustard and pepper; pour over potatoes.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Remove from the heat.
- Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as German Potato Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p35
Reviews forQuick German Potato Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2010
"have made this many times. Great recipe, fast and delicious"
Reviewed May. 20, 2009
"I don't have a pressure cooker. Can you give directions for another way to prepare it? Sounds delicious!"