Quick German Bratwurst
What a tasty use for bacon drippings! The tangy mustard and brown sugar make this quick-and-easy German Bratwurst recipe from the Test Kitchen something special.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 uncooked bratwurst links
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir until thickened. Cool. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving.
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until
- no longer pink, turning frequently. In a small disposable foil pan,
- heat mustard mixture. Add bratwurst and turn to coat. Yield: 5
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.