Quick German Bratwurst Recipe
What a tasty use for bacon drippings! The tangy mustard and brown sugar make this quick-and-easy German Bratwurst recipe from the Test Kitchen something special.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Grill bratwurst, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink, turning frequently. In a small disposable foil pan, heat mustard mixture. Add bratwurst and turn to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC