Quick German Bratwurst Recipe
What a tasty use for bacon drippings! The tangy mustard and brown sugar make this quick-and-easy German Bratwurst recipe from the Test Kitchen something special.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 uncooked bratwurst links
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink, turning frequently. In a small disposable foil pan, heat mustard mixture. Add bratwurst and turn to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as German Bratwurst in Tailgate Cookbook 2008, p78
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick German Bratwurst(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2013
I'm a little confused...the description mentions bacon drippings, the recipe does not.