Quick Garlic Toast
Mom knew how to easily round out a meal with this crisp, cheesy garlic toast. We gobbled it up when she served it alongside of slaw or salad...and used it to soak up gravy from her stew, too.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each slice in
- half; place plain side down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic
- salt and Parmesan cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 slices.