Quick Garlic Green Beans
Here's a quick-and-easy treatment for fresh green beans that calls for just a handful of ingredients. Everyone who eats them loves them.
Howard Levine of Arleta, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place beans and enough water to cover in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Toss
- beans with garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.