Quick Garlic Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pita bread wedges
- 1. In a food processor, combine the beans, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with pita bread. Yield: 6 servings.
1/4 cup: 112 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Quick Garlic Bean Dip
"Loved it! Much better than hummus that I bought."