“I've contributed this thick dip to many get-togethers, and there’s never any left to bring home,” shares Kallee McCreery of Escondido, California. Try serving the party starter with pita chips or fresh veggies.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pita bread wedges
- In a food processor, combine the beans, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with pita bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Bean Dip in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p59
Reviews for Quick Garlic Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review