“I've contributed this thick dip to many get-togethers, and there’s never any left to bring home,” shares Kallee McCreery of Escondido, California. Try serving the party starter with pita chips or fresh veggies.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pita bread wedges
- In a food processor, combine the beans, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with pita bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Bean Dip in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p59
Reviews for Quick Garlic Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2016
"My family likes this dip. Mother garlic flavor is just perfect. You can't beat a good bean dip."
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"Loved it! Much better than hummus that I bought."