During my spare time, I can be found in the kitchen...I love trying new recipes. In this turkey salad, fruit adds a little sweetness while sunflower kernels add special crunch.
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, pineapple, grapes and celery. Whisk together oil, orange juice, lemon juice, parsley and seasoning blend in a small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Chill for 2 hours. Just before serving, add mayonnaise and sunflower kernels; mix well. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Turkey Salad in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p40
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Fruited Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review