Quick Fruited Chicken Salad Recipe
From Audrey Moser of Drummond Island, Michigan comes this fresh-tasting chicken salad that's sweetened with pineapple, dates and golden raisins. "I often serve this salad on lettuce, but you could stuff a tomato with it or spoon it into a pita bread as well," Audrey suggests.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup fat-free Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, celery, onion, raisins and dates.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Serve on a lettuce leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 227 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Quick Fruited Chicken Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC