Quick Fruitcake Recipe
"This moist loaf is the perfect choice for people who don't like the candied fruits that go into traditional fruitcake," assures Diane Hixon from her home in Niceville, Florida. "Each slice is chock-full of goodies, so they'll think that you fussed when you haven't."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (15.6 ounces) cranberry-orange or blueberry quick bread mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1. Prepare quick bread batter according to package directions. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC