Quick Fruitcake Cookies Recipe
For folks who like their fruitcake in small doses, this is the mouthwatering answer. I always have plenty packed away in the freezer to replenish my yuletide supply.—Bonnie Milner, De Ridder, Louisiana
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 8 ounces candied cherries, halved
- 8 ounces candied pineapple, diced
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the pecans, dates and fruit.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC