Quick Fruitcake Cookies
For folks who like their fruitcake in small doses, this is the mouthwatering answer. I always have plenty packed away in the freezer to replenish my yuletide supply.Bonnie Milner, De Ridder, Louisiana
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 8 ounces candied cherries, halved
- 8 ounces candied pineapple, diced
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine the
- flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and
- mix well. Fold in the pecans, dates and fruit.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.