For folks who like their fruitcake in small doses, this is the mouthwatering answer. I always have plenty packed away in the freezer to replenish my yuletide supply.—Bonnie Milner, De Ridder, Louisiana
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 8 ounces candied cherries, halved
- 8 ounces candied pineapple, diced
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the pecans, dates and fruit.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Fruitcake Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p31
Reviews for Quick Fruitcake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2010
"Just made these cookies they are a hit with my fruitcake lovers"