Quick Fruit Medley Recipe
Whenever I take this eye-catching fruit salad to a party or gathering, people ask for the recipe. I like to use dark sweet cherries and blueberries to give this blend its distinctive flavor. -Julie Sterchi, Jackson, Missouri
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained or 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red apple, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or canned pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, fold in the blueberries, cherries and bananas; gently toss. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 99 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC