Quick Fruit Crisp Recipe
Fruit crisps often take time to prepare, what with slicing the fruit and baking in the oven. But this quick and easy dessert uses canned pie filling and is cooked in a skillet! Serve it alone or with a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach, apple or cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Fruit & Fiber cereal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a medium skillet, heat pie filling and lemon juice over medium heat for 5 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, place cereal in a resealable plastic bag; crush slightly with a rolling pin. In a skillet, melt butter. Stir in cereal, sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle over the fruit mixture. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 202 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC