Fruit crisps often take time to prepare, what with slicing the fruit and baking in the oven. But this quick and easy dessert uses canned pie filling and is cooked in a skillet! Serve it alone or with a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach, apple or cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Fruit & Fiber cereal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a medium skillet, heat pie filling and lemon juice over medium heat for 5 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, place cereal in a resealable plastic bag; crush slightly with a rolling pin. In a skillet, melt butter. Stir in cereal, sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle over the fruit mixture. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Fruit Crisp in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p11
Reviews for Quick Fruit Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review