Quick Fruit Compot
My mother used to make this recipe when I was a child. My four kids always ate more fruit when I dressed it up this way.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup apricot nectar, divided
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 firm banana, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, halved and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup apricot nectar, cloves and
- cinnamon to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining apricot nectar
- until smooth; gradually whisk into nectar mixture. Return to a boil;
- cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove
- from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.
- Stir in the banana, strawberries and kiwi. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 174 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.