- 1 cup apricot nectar, divided
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 firm banana, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, halved and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup apricot nectar, cloves and cinnamon to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining apricot nectar until smooth; gradually whisk into nectar mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.
- Stir in the banana, strawberries and kiwi. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Compote in Reminisce Extra June 2005, p52
Reviews forQuick Fruit Compot
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review