My mother used to make this recipe when I was a child. My four kids always ate more fruit when I dressed it up this way. -Maxine Otis Hobson, Montana
- 1 cup apricot nectar, divided
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 firm banana, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, halved and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup apricot nectar, cloves and cinnamon to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining apricot nectar until smooth; gradually whisk into nectar mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.
- Stir in the banana, strawberries and kiwi. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Compote in Reminisce Extra June 2005, p52
Reviews for Quick Fruit Compot
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review