Quick Four-Bean Salad Recipe
Most people are surprised to hear this salad gets its sweet flavor from honey instead of sugar. This natural ingredient gives basic bean salad a tasty new twist.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 242 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC