Quick Four-Bean Salad Recipe
Most people are surprised to hear this salad gets its sweet flavor from honey instead of sugar. This natural ingredient gives basic bean salad a tasty new twist.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 242 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Quick Four-Bean Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC