Green olives compliment this cheesy, pizza-like bread from Ivy Laffoon of Ceres, California. With very few ingredients, it’s packed with flavor. Serve it as an appetizer or alongside pasta, soup or salad for a mouthwatering meal.—Ivy J Laffoon, Ceres, California
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- On an ungreased baking sheet, pat dough into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Build up edges slightly. Top with olives, cheeses and Italian seasoning; press gently into dough. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Focaccia Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Focaccia Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review