Quick Fluffy White Frosting
When our son, Chris, and his wife, Kim, tied the knot on our land in the country, I made their cake and frosted it with this light buttery frosting.
26 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring
- to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in almond extract. Add cornstarch mixture and beat until sugar is
- dissolved and frosting is fluffy, about 4 minutes. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: about 3-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.