4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each pepper and ground nutmeg
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream, 1/2
- cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolks, salt, pepper and
- nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads
- 160° (do not boil).
- Drain fettuccine; serve with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan
- cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.