- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each pepper and ground nutmeg
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the cream, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolks, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads 160° (do not boil).
- Drain fettuccine; serve with Alfredo sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine Alfredo in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p259
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Fettuccini Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review