Quick Elephant Ears
Our eight children love helping make these sweet crunchy treats. We fry flour tortillas for a few seconds in oil, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. They're fun to make for a large group. I usually do the frying, then have one of the older kids add the coating.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine sugar and cinnamon; set
- aside. In a small skillet, heat 1/2 in of oil. Place one tortilla at
- a time in skillet, cook for 5 seconds; turn and cook 10 seconds
- longer or until browned. Place in sugar mixture; toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 10 servings.