Quick Eggnog French Toast Recipe
There's no last-minute fussing with this breakfast or brunch favorite. Slices of French bread soak up the egg-cream mixture overnight. A little nutmeg and rum extract give the dish its sweet eggnog-like taste. -Barbara Nowakowski North Tonawanda, New York
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Arrange the bread slices in two well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, sugar, extracts and nutmeg until blended; pour over bread. Turn bread to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned, turning bread once. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC