Quick Easy Salsa
I never really cared for store bought salsa so I decided to come up with my own recipe. Now I can't make enough of it! I am always asked to bring it with me to any family get-together or potluck. I always leave with an empty bowl!—Dana Sapp, Scottsville, Kentucky
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and chill
- until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 20 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.