Quick Double Chocolate Biscotti
Refrigerated cookie dough gives you a head start on making biscotti from scratch. For true chocolate lovers, substitute chocolate chips for the vanilla.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the dough, chips and nuts; knead until well
- combined. Divide dough in half.
- On greased baking sheets, shape each piece into a 13-in. x 2-1/2-in.
- log. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in.
- slices, separating each piece about 1/4 in. after cutting. Bake 5-6
- minutes longer or until firm. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to
- wire racks. Yield: About 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 267 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.